Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why Caribou?

21 Weeks, 5 Days

So, people have been asking me "Why do you call your baby Caribou?", so I thought I would do a quick post to explain. Please do not expect anything profound.

When we were pregnant with Jamin, Ryan did not want to find out the sex. I did and it really bothered me while writing on his blog while trying to talk about this human inside of me and using "it" or "baby", I wanted something more personal. So, we decided to come up with a temporary name. We came up with Kiwi. (There was no profound reason for this name either.)

Last fall we were in Minnesota for my cousins wedding and stopped to get coffee at a place I had never been before called Caribou Coffee. It was DELICIOUS! It was so good that I vowed then and there to use this name for our next pregnancy. I kept my word.

Please be praying for us on Tuesday! Our appointment is at 9:15, but you never know when you will actually be seen, so please cover us in prayer for the morning if possible. A perfect heart scan will be a step in the right direction for showing the doctors that our baby is perfectly healthy and there is no need for amnio or termination.

No comments:

Post a Comment