Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Monday morning phone call

22 Weeks

I changed my ultrasound appointment to be with a different doctor at the high risk place, which meant that it needed to be changed from Nov 28 to Dec 12 due to scheduling conflicts. I had left a message with the phone nurse last week to let my regular OB know this and to make sure that pushing it out 2 weeks would be OK.

She called this morning saying she didn't quite understand my message and that the message she got was that I wanted the new doctor at the high risk place to take over my care (which is pretty much the opposite of what we talked about at my appt with her, so I understand the confusion).

While she was on the phone I asked her if I was missing something since she seemed much more concerned about T18 after she talked with the high risk place than she did after she talked to me. She read me all of the notes she had from the high risk office and we worked through them. The notes for the doctor that originally suspected T18 said something to the effect that "the patient was very distraught, she will call when she is ready for an amnio." This made my normal OB think I was wanting an amnio, when I have declined it at every offer. I am glad that I changed my appt to be with another doctor at the practice. My OB said that if the heart is good and a nose bone is found that she will be much more comfortable with not being as concerned about T18. SO KEEP THOSE PRAYERS COMING!

I am getting nervous for our appt tomorrow and I am praying so hard things will be perfect. The OB said that the US techs are usually trained in many things so they may be willing and able to look for a nose bone tomorrow..... this makes me extra nervous.  PLEASE PRAY PRAY PRAY

No comments:

Post a Comment