Monday, November 14, 2011

Still a Trisomy 18 risk??!!

21 Weeks

This morning I got a call from the OB herself (the one that I saw on Wednesday).

She said she talked to the head doctor at the high risk office. As far as my AI disease, he told her to KEEP monitoring my titer levels. I told her that I have not had those levels checked since I was diagnosed 2 years ago.

It also sounds like they are still quite concerned about this being a T18 baby. She (the normal OB) is really encouraging us to keep our US apt on the 28th to look for a nose bone. She also really wants us to have an amnio around 32 weeks. She said that she doesn't want to do an emergency C-section if the baby is T18 and in distress since there is a risk to me and a very poor outcome to the baby no matter how he is born.

This is such a roller coaster! Planning for a possible funeral right after the baby was born, to planning for possibly caring for a baby with special needs, now to planning for a possibility of both and still praying our hearts out that he or she is 100% perfect.

Here is my prayer list:
  1. A healthy baby free of problems.
  2. A textbook perfect heart scan on Nov 22.
  3. A textbook perfect ultrasound (including finding a normal sized nose bone) on Dec 12.
  4. Guidance on if we do amnio. 
  5. While we are at it - That the titers will show no evidence of my AI disease. (the change is what they are worried about for the pregnancy, but it would be nice to be free of the disease as well. I don't know that this has ever happened before, but I know God can do it)
  6. Peace while we wait for the test and if we get less than perfect results.

No comments:

Post a Comment