Thursday, August 9, 2012

Please Don't Waste My Time

23 Weeks, 1 Day

My love affair with the new OT office took a significant blow this morning...
My husband took time off of work to go in with us and when we got there we found that we had been scheduled with a different OT than the last time we were there. So, basically we just did a repeat of last week. I REALLY hate it when my time is wasted.

To add insult to injury, we have been on a waiting list for our first choice of private OT office and when they didn't have any openings when Early On stopped, I signed up with our current office. Then last week, literally HOURS after out initial OT appointment, our first choice called and said they had an opening. Argh...

Speaking of wasted time, here is Adaline drinking her last bottle of fresh breast milk. (No she does not have a weird rash, it is just a shadow). About a month ago, I started pumping only 4 times per day. Spending about 3 hours pumping per day was taking too much time away from the kids and I needed to find a balance. I had planned to keep pumping until she was 6 months old, but my supply kept going down. A couple of days ago, after 9 hours between pumping, I only made 40ml (just over an ounce) and I decided that the time had come. I was still spending well over an hour a day pumping and it just wasn't worth the reward of 4 oz.
I still have quite a bit of milk in the freezer from when I Adaline was in the hospital and the week that I did a trial on just formula to see how she would do, so she should be able to get a bottle a day for at least the next month. I KNOW that there are benefits to breast milk (trust me, the breastfeeding nazis remind me all the time), but this was the right decision for me and my family. I am already loving the extra time I am getting with my kiddos and I think big brother especially is enjoying it as well.

1 comment:

  1. I would have asked the OT if she had read her file! Next time don't waste your time with that! That is horrible! So sorry! that's frustrating!! Happy you get to spend some more time with the kids!

    ReplyDelete