Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stop Killing my Daughters Friends!!

16 Weeks

Horrible picture of me!
On Saturday, Adaline, my son and I did our first LifeWalk. It supports a local organization that does a lot of what Planned Parenthood does minus abortions. I have always been very pro-life, but after being in a situation where it is "more ok" to abort in some peoples opinion, fuel has been added to my fire. It was a HOT day, but I wanted to get out there to show everyone how cute my daughter is, to tell our story and to get the word out about Reeces Rainbow.

The other day I had asked Adalines therapists how many other kids in their 0-3 program they have. I expected to hear a number like "50", but the answer was "5".... 5??? Adaline is the youngest in the program by a half a year.

The statistic that 9 in 10 prenatally diagnosed children with DS are aborted has always upset me. It saddens me that these precious lives are never lived, but it was one of those things that didn't directly affect me.  However, at the walk it hit me that these children would be my daughters friends... they would be the ones that "get" her, that she can relate the most to. These are friends that my daughter will never know because they are being killed. It makes me SO mad. She will have to go through life with a fraction of the support and companionship that she could have had.


No comments:

Post a Comment