Monday, February 27, 2012

She's Here!

36 Weeks
A quick update. She was born at 12:08 today at home. She was 4lb 12oz. She has some downs features, but she is doing fantastic. They cannot even hear a heart murmor, so she is doing very well with her AVSD. She is currently in room with me and may even go home when I do. She is not interested in nursing, but she has had donor milk and already had a wet and dirty diaper. She is SO beautiful. Tomorrow we will get an Echo and perhaps even the results of her FISH test. We hope to talk with a speach pathologist and have a name picked out tomorrow as well!

Here is a timeline for those of you that are interested:
This morning, left a bit late for work to see if the contractions seemed to get worse or closer together. I didn't think she would come so early, so I assumed they were not real labor.
8:50: After dealing with unrelated drama, ...I got to work.
10:30: Contractions started to get more intense than I could work through at work.
10:50: Decided to have Ryan come get me. I still wasn't sure this was the real thing, but I was uncomfortable and felt bad for my student employee who had to hear me breathe through it.
11:15: Ryan arrived as I was giving some instructions on how to do something to the student. When I stood up to leave I had a pretty intense contraction.
11:30: We arrived home.
11:45: I went to the bathroom and heard a "swoosh". Decided to call the midwife. As I was on the phone with her, I felt like I was going to pass out. She said to come in. I called for Ryan. Told him I was going to die and to tell Jamin I loved him.
11:54: I told Ryan to call an ambulance, baby was not going to wait. 911 told me to lay on my back. I refused.
12:08: She was born. I had her on Jamin's bed on my hands and knees surrounded by about 15 firefighters and other first responders.
12:22: I was being wheeled out of the house to the ambulance to go to the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She likes drama already! She is absolutely beautiful, and perfect! Congrats! And I'm glad you both are doing well!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a doll! LOVE IT! So glad you and her are doing well she is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete