Monday, January 9, 2012

Prenatal Yoga

29 Weeks

I actually signed up for a prenatal yoga class. I thought about it when I was first pregnant, then just didn't sign up until another pregnant friend emailed to see if anyone wanted to join her. I realized that this baby will be coming out soon and if I want to have a better experience than I did with my son, I better work to make that happen, so I signed up.

Last night, in a panic and tried to unregister, but it was too late and I am not will to just throw $50 away like that, so I left work with what I thought was plenty of time to get to the class, but there was a ton of traffic and people don't know how to drive, so I got there just in time.

It was everything I thought yoga would be and worse. Corny music, a mystical name for each pose and a stereotypical whispered voice to announce them all. After holding back from laughing out loud and announcing "this just isn't for me" as I rolled up my mat and walked out.... I tried to get into it for a minute and decided I LOVED IT. It felt so good, I still feel good and I am very glad I went! I am looking forward to the next session!

No comments:

Post a Comment