Friday, September 16, 2011

A Vomit Story

 12 Weeks 4 Days

I have been feeling really good the last few days. At times where there are triggers I will get a bit nauseous, but for the most part, I feel pretty good!

Today is Ryan's and my 5th anniversary! Partly because we are trying to save money and partly because J and I are a bit sick and partly because I probably wouldn't spend money on a babysitter anyways, but mostly because, like with all important dates, I didn't remember it was our anniversary until late last night (see Mom, it isn't just your holidays I forget), we decided to spend the evening at home. Ryan got a Papa Murphy's pizza and because (as facebook has reminded me with their "on this day in 20##" feature, we get Saffron every year, I got the mango shakes.

As Ryan and I finished eating and Jamin finished playing with his food, I got an email on my phone from my boss. Earlier, I had sent him an email with a link from and article that I had read about the top 10 worst jobs. No less than 3 tech jobs made the list. Mine was #6 and his was #1, so I thought I would pass it on.
The reply I got from his was this:

"Yeah.  I just hate being Listeria, it really sucks, but it pays the bills."

The night before I had been looking for articles for a pregnant friend that uses a cow share to get raw milk after I told her about the risks in pregnancy and she asked for them. My CTRL+C must not have worked because that was the article I sent my boss.

I found his response hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. As I told Ryan the story in between breaths, he also started laughing super hard, which made me feel like it was justifiably funny and I continued to laugh. I laughed so hard I couldn't catch my breath, which made me nauseous. I ran to the toilet. Now this gets a bit graphic if you have a weak stomach, so you may want to look away now. I am not sure if it is the curve of our bowl(this happened with Jamin) or the weight of the pizza entering it, but it did not stay in the bowl. I got toilet water chunks of pizza on my face, in my hair, on my shirt and around the toilet. After a brief melt-down about what had just happened, I took a shower, where I continued to laugh. I am just glad I saved my mango shake for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment